Zoo Med’s New Zealand Sphagnum Moss is preferred over any other type of moss for terrarium use due to its unique softness and amazing moisture-holding ability. This lush, carpet-like moss can hold moisture up to 20 times its dry weight!
- Great for live plants and incredibly long-lasting; after other substrates have decomposed, this moss remains usable and can be washed and reused several times.
- Harvested using sustainable methods to ensure that it will be around for future generations!
- Holds more water and stays moist longer than any other type of moss!
- Natural compounds in moss prevent it from decomposing in humid environments.
- Excellent top substrate for Zoo Med’s Naturalistic Terrariums.
- For use with most species of frogs, toads, salamanders, newts, and invertebrates including Hermit Crabs. Can also be used with small snakes including Green Snakes, Ribbon Snakes, Garter Snakes, etc.